November 23, 2010

S.A.D

Seasonal Depression hit me hard, fast and unexpected this year. It comes every fall, but this fall it was late to the party and I hadn't missed it. Apparently it missed me. Thankfully I was better prepared to handle it than I knew. It's been 4 years since I finally understood what was happening to me every time the snow began to fall. The sadness, the hopelessness and the anger.

I've been on a journey to get healthy and loose this weight that is hanging on me. Little did I know it would be a huge dose of medicine to this dark cloud that hovers over my head each winter.

I am feeling better, I am aware and I am staying positive.

Courtney Kendrick writes so much more beautifully than I ever could. Her post today touched my heart in an all to close 'I know how she feels' kind of way.


From a lucky girl

2 Reactions:

Kari Badell said...

I just read it and it's lovely. I've never dealt with the blues before, whether it's the baby blues or the winter blues but I'm glad you are feeling better!

RATCH said...

I come read this post every time I am feeling the effects of S.A.D. and then I don't feel so alone. :) COME ON SPRING!!!!